Teachers: Kevin Cozma and Yukari Cozma
Here at Kevin's English House, we have two experienced English conversation teachers to help you achieve your goals, whatever they may be. Kevin and Yukari are a husband and wife teaching team located in Takamatsu, Kagawa. Kevin is a native English speaker specializing in English conversation group lessons for babies to adult. Yukari is a native Japanese English conversation teacher who specializes in teaching private and small group English conversation lessons as well as test preparations of all kinds.
Here are some of our shared philosophies/ about teaching English:
- The teacher must always be prepared with a lesson plan.
- Students who come to our house are choosing us. It is truly an honor to teach them.
- There are students with different learning styles, so different teaching techniques should be used by the English teacher.
- English conversation lessons should be practical, useful, fun, and conducted in a relaxing and stress-free environment.
- Not only to be a teacher and a speaker, but a learner and listener.
- Treat every student with respect.
Here is a list of Kevin's relevant work experience while in Japan:
- English conversation teacher at his own school, Kevin's English House, since 1997.
- Assistant English teacher at Fuzoku Junior High School in Takamatsu, since 1997.
- 2 years as a teacher (one as head teacher) at the Eikaiwa GEOS Takamatsu school.
- Part time English conversation, English composition, and English reading lecturer at Kagawa University.
- President of JALT (Japanese Association for Language Teaching) Kagawa branch, 1997-1998.
- Program Chair of JALT Kagawa branch, 1998-1999.
- Graduated from F.W. Johnson Collegiate in Regina, Saskatchewan in 1988.
- Received his Bachelor of Education degree in 1993 from the University of Regina.
For those who are interested, here is a little more about Kevin and Yukari Cozma.
Kevin Cozma is a Canadian who has been living in Japan and teaching English conversation since 1995. He graduated from the University of Regina with a degree in secondary education in social studies and English. After coming to Japan, he worked at Eikaiwa GEOS for 2 years before starting his own English conversation school, Kevin's English House. Originally, he had planned to stay and teach English for only one year. Then he met his beautiful wife and changed his mind.
Kevin enjoyed working at Eikaiwa GEOS, but wanted more freedom in teaching materials and methodology, wanted to teach all ages, and wanted to offer more reasonable prices for his students, so he started his own English school. Kevin enjoys teaching and prepares well, and teaches every class to the best of his abilities. That's his promise to you.
He has researched teaching methodologies for babies, kindergarten, children, young adult and adult English classes with equal fervor. He is a career teacher who has held the position of President of the Kagawa branch of JALT.
Want to know a little more about Kevin other than as an English conversation teacher? His hobbies are lifting weights and photography. He has won numerous local, national, and international awards for photography. His favorite models are his family and students. He loves spending time watching movies, playing games, and hanging out with his family. His favorite food is 'niku jaga', and his favorite movie is Spiderman. His favorite author is Kurt Vonnegut. He likes all kinds of music, but especially rock music or heavy metal.
Yukari Cozma comes from Fukuoka, but says she likes udon better than ramen. She graduated from Seinan Gakuin University with a degree in commerce, and she also studied in the States for one year. Upon graduating, she became a manager and teacher at Eikaiwa GEOS. She started Kevin's English House with Kevin in 1997.